Friday, October 24, 2014

Topic 5

The first site I used was called ImageChef (http://www.imagechef.com/). It lets you customize signs and pictures with your own text, and is fun enough--but the choice of pictures is very limited for those who don't already have photos on their computer or a camera to take new ones.

Beware of Dog

The second site I used was called BigHugeLabs (http://bighugelabs.com/) and allows you to alter images into formats like magazine covers, movie posters, jigsaw puzzles, and more. I went for the pop art format with an old photo of mine.

Become a pop icon! Create a 9, 4, or 1-panel lo-fi, false-color version of one of your photos.

Besides this one assignment, I don't think I'll ever use these sites again. I have some proficiency with the photo programs on my computer, which I can use in case I need to for school, and don't think I'd do this just for fun. However, they could be of great use to someone who either doesn't have access to or doesn't know how to work with the more traditional photo editing programs like PhotoShop.

4 comments:

  1. There was a problem with the second image, but the first one was very cool! I see how you wouldn't use these programs if you have photoshop, and that they could still be helpful for experienced people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm unable to see either pictures! The first pic is blank white and the second picture says "do not direct link to images here. Save a copy instead." in big bold letters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cant see either photo! might want to check how you embedded it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you know the pictures are not available but I think your description on telling how you can use each resource they are very helpful.

    ReplyDelete