Thursday, October 30, 2014

Topic 6

For this week's assignment, I made a short film titled "Invasion Nation" using a site called dVolver. This site lets you create simple animated movies using a set of premade characters and backgrounds you select on the site. There's a pretty wide variety to choose from, and it doesn't take very long. You can see my video here, a thrilling epic about a city plagued by giant birds and ineffective aliens: http://www.dvolver.com/live/movies-1026475 I chose this site because I enjoy traditional animation, and it looked like one of the more fun ones. It was very easy to use, taking me less than five minutes to make my whole video. I could see myself using this site to help add some spice to a PowerPoint presentation for school or just for zany fun. The only tips I have are to think ahead when it comes to choosing characters and backgrounds and to have fun!

5 comments:

  1. Your short film was very funny and cool! Traditional animation is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps you should go back through this post to check on any grammar mistakes. I really liked the traditional animation you used, nice change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the video, it was pretty humorous but you should go back and embed it into your blog so its there also you might want to space out you writing a little more on your blog so its not all compact.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you are catching up on your posts. Still missing topic 4. Also, try typing in the title and linking the URL to those words. It is more aesthetically pleasing than looking at long URLs. See me if you need help figuring it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dvolver seems to be a popular choice and I can see why! You may want to consider embedding the video into your blog post to avoid long links.

    ReplyDelete