Thursday, November 13, 2014

Topic 8

The site I decided to use was Goodreads. I discovered this site a few years ago and have been visiting it periodically ever since. Every few days I sign in and wade through all the new books for anything I might be interested in reading. It's particularly useful for researching books by the same author or for the excellent suggestions it offers in the "Readers Also Enjoyed" category in the top right of the screen when viewing a book's page. I've discovered many excellent books I don't think I would have found otherwise through this way. Since I've been using this site for some time, I really had no difficulty with it. I suppose the hardest thing about it is sifting through its extensive database for a specific book or genre. I chose this site over the other two because I'm familiar with it and know its layout pretty well. I definitely use this site for fun all the time and it would be a good resource for school when researching nonfiction texts or maybe viable reading material for an English class.
Here's a widget of my personal Goodreads bookshelf:


Hannah's books

Shade's Children
Un Lun Dun
Tales from Outer Suburbia
The Silver Child
King Rat
The Reapers are the Angels
Railsea


Hannah's favorite books »

3 comments:

  1. Its cool that you're familiar with the website, that will be helpful later on if you decide to use this for school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Goodreads as well! I think it is very efficient in keeping track of what you've read and finding new stories that appeal to your taste. I'm glad you agree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo, you embedded your shelf. Did you try the other two book sharing sites? I think you might find them each a bit different and useful in their own ways.

    ReplyDelete