Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Topic 7

I could definitely see myself using Google Drive for school projects in the future. It's a very effective tool, both for making presentations or helping to share documents with collaborating students on a school project.

Here's a timeline from my book I made using Google Drive:


It's crude and skips over a lot of details, but gets the main points across.

One of the cooler tools I found was in the Drawing, Charting and Mapping Tools section of the online database WebTools4u2Use. It's called Art.com and lets you "paint" an image on a fake canvas and save it to your "gallery." You can send photos to other people by email. One of the more interesting features is how you can see an instant replay of your masterpiece, brushstroke by brushstroke. You can also see artwork by other people. It's a pretty simple tool, and I can't really see myself using it for anything outside of all means to getting rid of boredom. As far as I can tell, there's also no way of attaching the images you make to sites like this blog, or simply copying it with a mouse click/drag, which is really aggravating. 

Since Glogster refused to work with me and any project I made inevitably shut me out or wouldn't save any changes to the document I made, I went and made a picture with Google Drive instead.

4 comments:

  1. Add your link to your timeline on drive. Make sure to share it so that I can see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would have been nice see read more about your opinions on Google Drive because it was kind of short. Awesome Gecko!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would've been cool to see your example of the Art.com, but I like your Gecko picture. Maybe you should add more info about Google Docs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool gecko, you might want to consider ending the highlight after where it says: "WebTools4u2Use. It's called Art.com and".

    ReplyDelete